Since it was Easter Sunday today, and no where is open, I thought this would be the perfect day to spring clean my wardrobe. It was getting a bit horrendous and I had the whole day ahead of me to do it, so I thought, eh why not? In this post I will have lots of pictures of my wardrobe throughout the clear out, whilst also telling you guys how I did it :)
So let's begin!
I'll just show you a picture of my wardrobe before hand, it doesn't look to bad, but if you wanted to get one thing out another 5 things came either attached to it or crashing down with it.
Let's just say it was rather jam packed!
- First off I got all of my clothes out of the wardrobe, off the hangers and onto my bed, you can use the floor if your bed isn't big enough. I put the clothes in piles, such as dresses, vests, blouses and so on.
I didn't realise I had so many clothes... or hangers!
- So next i made three new piles for each pile. The piles where clothes to be hung back up, clothes to be stored and clothes to be sent to a charity shop or to be put in the bin.
- Then I gathered up all the clothes that where to go to the charity shop or in the bin and put them in one massive pile, and I did the same with all the clothes that where to be stored. Then I just moved them to one side.
- Then I hung everything back up, in a very neat manner!
- Then came the awful task of having to fold up all the clothes for the charity shop. Although luckily we have lots of built in wardrobes in our house (not sure why!) so my clothes for storage didn't need to get folded up as I could just stick them in a wardrobe. Yay!
- Then I bagged up all the clothes for the charity shops and for the bin (separately of course!)
Then I repeated this all over again for my shelves (pj's!!)
Nicely folded up and organised!
Big pile for the clothes bin! (charity shops usually wont take pyjamas)
So these are my before and after photos, it looks so much better!
Yay! All finished! :) My wardrobe looks tonnes better, and the rail no longer looks like it's going to snap. Now that everything has been moved around it seems like I have so much more to wear! I hope you enjoyed this post, I know there was a lot of writing but I put lots of pictures in to!
Please leave me a comment, i promise to reply :)